Saturday 19 May 2012

designs developed from original concept

To keep with my synopsis I have designed based upon the general shape of the sewing machines silhouette. I have used it to create unique shapes and silhouettes for jackets and outerwear. The shapes are generally rectangles and squares with rounded corners and no sharp edges. I like the way the designs have come out. They subtly reference the sewing machine and show the wearer morphing into a machine, but in a much less obvious way than the statement pieces found in my first collecti


During the first assignment several garments had detailing inspired by the sewing machine's needle, as it is such a vital part of the functioning sewing machine. The foot of the machine is also a very important aspect and is an intricate detail compared to the more obvious general shape of the machine. I would like these two parts of the machine to influence the shape of the garments and the detailing, e.g collars. By keeping the high collars and the needle shape from the first collection I am creating consistency amongst my designs and am making a signature look that can be seen through the high market collection and this new diffusion line.

No comments:

Post a Comment