Wednesday 9 May 2012

evaluation of concept board

After conducting my market research and with the development that has been made so far I feel that I need to update my concept board to keep it relevant and to help me progress further with the designs.


I have made a number of changes -
• I removed the diagonal white shapes in the background as they had no real relevance. They were only there to help the front layers stand out. I replaced these with the silhouette of a sewing machine that I used to explore silhouette on the fashion figure.
• I removed several of the images of robotics and mechanics as they did not relate well to the new diffusion line. They did not represent the target market I am wanting to appeal to.
• I added my fashion figure, as he is a sort of muse, and also the type of person I am wanting my collection to appeal to.
• I added one of my research images of a tailored jacket, as I am wanting to design a collection with a focus on jackets and I found this one to be very inspiring.
• I added subtle quilting into the black background to represent the fabric choices that my collection will have.
• I changed the composition of the layers to make the concept board more aesthetically pleasing, including placing the colour palette on a fully white background to make the colours more apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment