Wednesday 9 May 2012

designs

I really like the first design because of the unique use of fabrics and the structure of the jacket. I also like the loose silhouette and the longer length of the jacket. It would be good for winter weather and for layering. The top quilted detailing gives the jacket unique characteristics and the dropped shoulder seam is very on trend.

The second jacket is unique and I really find that the oversized lapel is eye catching and relates well to the shapes found in a sewing machine. I am not sure about the gathers under the lapel, but this could be developed further later in the project.

I do not really think that the third jacket relates well to the concept. Nor do I find it to be visually appealing. The vest shape and the shoulder hem in relation to the sleeve reminds me of sports vest and the 90s. The collar is a unique element but it's too triangular and pointed in relation to the more curved and square shapes of the sewing machine that I am trying to emulate. 

To be honest I find the forth jacket too simple and a little boring. This design could be found in any store. I want my garments to be more unique and have added interest.

The fifth garment is my favourite out of these six designs. The oversized lapel was taken from the second design which I really liked and then the pleats were added for detailing and visual aesthetics. I really love the shape and the structured top with the looser pleated bottom. This would be an interesting silhouette.

The sixth design here was actually my first design (the rest are listed in order). The shapes, especially the collar shape, relates well to the curved and square shapes of the sewing machine that I am trying to emulate. The high neck collar is taken from my first collection and links the two collections together with a single unique and original design feature. The silhouette is smaller around the shoulders and extends slightly outwards as the garment lowers. The shape looks good paired with the tight pants I pieced with the jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment