Wednesday 9 May 2012

looks

Looks That I Find Inspiring


I like how the jacket is on trend with current fabric choices and the way the woman wears the jacket over her shoulders like a cape instead of with her arms through the sleeves. It looks very eye-catching and also makes the garment in some ways multi purpose. The added embellishment of industrial chain is something I find relevant to my collection. The woman adds something unexpected and unconventional to her outfit, yet still manages to continue looking classic and professional which is inspiring.


One of the models is wearing a black quilted jacket, which is very on trend. I would like to include or at least consider this upcoming trend in my menswear collection. I feel it is unique for this decade and changes the entire aesthetic of a garment such as a jacket.

Daphne Guinness
I like the simplistic tailoring of Daphne Guinness's jacket paired with the heavy embellishments. She looks very classic and sophisticated, but also appears edgy. I really like this about her look.




I like the colour palette here, and the idea of using just one colour but with many tonal variations to add aesthetics.

Hanne Gaby
The use of multiple fabrics to create the jacket looks effective here. Also, the rolled oversized collar looks very original.



I like the idea of including something really unique and original to my designs that will become associated with my collection only. Models were photographed throughout Fashion Week wearing these hats. They look very space age and modern while also appearing to actually serve a practical purpose so I like them.


I like the loose fit and tailoring of this jacket a lot. The fabric works together perfectly with the garment's structure, while the colour is bold and striking. In my opinion this garment is incredibly successful as a trend setting piece.


I like the use of layering and the multiple fabric choices. The colour palette is also very elegant.


Miu Miu blouse
I have always liked the Miu Miu blouses a lot, as they are so easy to recognise and are so iconic to the brand. The fit of the garments are also made to be tailored and elegant. 




Vika Gazinskaya
Vika Gazinskaya
This model is very interesting. She wears very unique clothing and has an original look. I like the way her clothing is loose and hangs off her, but you can still tell that she is skinny.

Images taken by Tommy Ton

No comments:

Post a Comment