Sunday 13 May 2012

designs

As I really like the idea of printed images on garments, but I think it would be overwhelming on jackets, I have created some conceptual designs on leggings. I have used images from my work so far and the pants seem very relevant to my concept. I doubt that I will use these images in my final collection however as the images are not copyright free and therefore that would be not only illegal but also unethical. I would like to take my own photographs or draw designs, or perhaps find appropriate copyright free images. 

I think that the skinny style of the leggings is something that I would like to keep in my final collection, as the silhouette created by the skinny pants paired with the oversized jackets looks good in menswear. It also relates to the idea of the sewing machine, as the outer case (e.g the jacket) is bulky and clean with straight lines compared to the smaller components (e.g leggings) that are intricate and have a lot of detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment