Wednesday 9 May 2012

jacket research

For the one garment I will focus on at this stage I have chosen the jacket. It is a practical and versatile garment, while also having the ability to be extremely variable and original in it's design. It is a relevant choice for my menswear collection as it is practical for a winter collection and lends itself nicely to my focus on tailoring.

Burberry, shearling
Burberry, shearling
I really like this Burberry jacket for a number of reasons. It shows me the potential of my own collection, as this jacket looks slightly mechanical and industrial. This has been done without loosing any comfort or movement for the wearer, which was a concern of mine. The use of fabrics and embellishments has resulted in a very successful garment.

Luigi Tadini
Remi Jefferson
Neon colour blocking
Eugene Pesko
Luigi Tadini
Tailoring
YSL wax lapel jacket
Images from: jakandjil.com, style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment