Wednesday 9 May 2012

target market research

I have been doing a lot of research in regards to my target market as I wanted to be sure that I was creating a relevant collection. I did not really want to do womenswear because I always seem to end up doing that and I really wanted to push myself and try designing for a new market. I thought that childrenswear may be appropriate but decided against that in favour of menswear. I was watching a lot of menswear shows during fashion week and I liked them a lot more than the womenswear shows. This influenced my choice a lot, but I also feel that my idea and the original collection is quite easily transferable to menswear. It would have been more difficult with childrenswear. I want my collection to be targeted to a similar aged client base as the many of the designers showing in fashion week. I also want them to be a similar age range to myself and my peers as it is helpful to design from what you know. My target market will be men aged between 15-25 years old.







Images from jakandjil.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment